An Additional 57.1 Million Pesos for Security in 10 Municipalities of Tamaulipas

303

The benefit is for Burgos, Bustamante, Cruillas, Guerrero, Méndez, Miquihuana, and others

Decreased perception of insecurity in Nuevo Laredo and Ciudad Victoria

Decreased perception of insecurity in Nuevo Laredo and Ciudad Victoria Tamaulipas will exercise an additional 57.1 million pesos in security tasks, through a fund to strengthen the police operation this year in ten municipalities with smaller populations or a higher degree of marginalization in the state.

For this purpose, the Federation will send 28 million 568 thousand 481 pesos to the state, which in turn will allocate a similar amount, to make a total of 57 million 136 thousand 962 pesos. This is a separate fund from the Public Security Contributions Fund (Fasp), where almost 343 million pesos were earmarked for 2024.

The Official Gazette of the Federation reported that the resource sent by the Ministry of Finance and supplemented by the state administration should benefit the municipalities of Burgos, Bustamante, Cruillas, Guerrero, Méndez, Miquihuana, Nuevo Morelos, Palmillas, San Nicolás, and Tula.

The money corresponds to the Fund for the Strengthening of Public Security Institutions (Fofisp) for the fiscal year 2024, whose guidelines stipulate that the entity must contribute a similar amount from its own budgetary resources.

It is a program aimed at certification, professionalization, and equipment, in alignment with the strategic axes approved by the National Public Security Council, and the resource will arrive in two installments, one with 70% of what is scheduled, and the other with 30%. In Tamaulipas, there are no local security forces, so the fund will be managed entirely by the state government.

The agreement published in the Official Gazette of the Federation establishes that the resource must be exercised under criteria that ensure the best available conditions in terms of price and quality for the goods and services that can be acquired in a consolidated manner.

Strengthening security actions on the Tamaulipas border Strengthening security actions on the Tamaulipas border “The resources allocated must be at least in a one-to-one proportion with respect to federal resources, and the state government must coordinate with the municipalities authorized by the General Directorate of Linkage and Monitoring for the investment project.” The state government must report progress in the application of the fund and allow visits and verification actions on its application.

It also commits to providing access to equipment, material, information, records, and documents required to carry out the monitoring of the actions taken.

The resources of the Fofisp are additional and complementary to those provided by other current federal and local programs, so duplication of their application with other federal funds and subsidies granted for security should be avoided.

Source: Milenio