Mexico has been a number one spot for American and Canadian retirees for decades. There are a wide variety of reasons why the country is so appealing to those looking to live out their retirement. Some are drawn to the near perfect climate in some areas, while others are attracted to the low cost of living and healthcare.
Mexico has a city for everyone, no matter what lifestyle you’re looking to live. It is home to big metropolitan cities, laid-back beach towns and everything in between. Here are 10 of the top cities in Mexico for retirement:
• Tijuana – The largest city on Mexico’s Baja Peninsula is located a short distance from Southern California.
• Mexicali – A cosmopolitan city with a large middle class, Mexicali is known for one the highest standards of living in Mexico.
• Juarez – Nicknamed “City of the Future” for the rapid growth of its industrial sector. Located on the Rio Grande.
• Ensenada – A popular cruise ship destination, wine-growing region and known for its abundant variety of exotic plants and wildlife.
• Playas de Rosarito – A popular getaway located on the Baja Peninsula. A beach destination with a largely tourist-based economy.
• Puerto Vallarta – At times referred to as the “San Francisco of Mexico”, a popular cruise ship destination and home to a large LGBT population.
• Los Cabos – One of the top spots in the country for whale watching, as well as a popular hub for sport fishing and golf.
• Chapala – Located on the shore of the largest freshwater lake in Mexico, Lake Chapala. Home to one of the country’s largest expat populations.
• San Miguel de Allende – Has a stunning preserved historic center, mild climate, rich Mexican culture and tradition, and a low crime rate.
• Guadalajara – One of the biggest cities in Mexico, serves as one of Mexico’s most important cultural centers.
There are a great many places in Mexico not found on the list above that are perfect places to seek retirement in Mexico. CONTACT US if you need help acquiring a house in this country and we will help you. With fourteen years in the Mexican market, MEXLend’s experience in the world of business and Real Estate is unparalleled.
MexLend is the most experienced residential mortgage broker in Mexico. We will accompany you through the home buying process, which includes obtaining home loans and escrow services anywhere in Mexico. Click HERE to learn more about the real estate services offered by the most experienced broker in Mexico.