According to the results of the 28th survey of the National Urban Public Security Survey (ENSU), carried out by INEGI in the first fortnight of September 2020 , during that month, 67.8% of the population aged 18 years and over considered that living in your city is unsafe .
35 cities had statistically significant changes compared to March 2020: 34 had reductions and one had an increase.
The perception of insecurity continued to be higher in the case of women with 72.7% , while for men it was 62.0% .
Cities with the highest percentage of people who consider that living in their city is unsafe:
- Ecatepec de Morelos, Edomex 92.6%
- Fresnillo, Zacatecas- 91.8%
- Coatzacoalcos, Veracruz 91.1%
- Villahermosa, Tabasco 90.4%
- Toluca de Lerdo, Edomex. 9%
- Naucalpan de juárez, Edomex 88%
Cities with the lowest perception of insecurity were:
- San Pedro Garza García, Nuevo León 16.6%
- La Paz, BCS 16.6%
- Merida, Yucatan 21.8%
- Los Cabos, BCS 22.5%
- Cuajimalpa de Morelos, CDMX 26.9%
- Saltillo, Coahuila 30.1%
- Puerto Vallarta, Jal 31.8
- San Nicolás de Los Garza, Nuevo León 36.1%
It should be noted that, in the case of Puerto Vallarta, despite remaining in the sixth place with the lowest perception of insecurity in the country, the number of people who feel unsafe in the city rose just over half a percentage point.
The above compared with the 31.8 of the last exercise carried out in March 2020.
Regarding the perception of insecurity in specific physical spaces, in September 2020, 78.1% of the population at the national level expressed feeling unsafe at ATMs .